Dr. Berna Zülfikar Savci
Postdoc at the Chair of Sociology / Organisation, Migration, Participation
"My research area is analyzing the migration corridor between European Countries and Turkey in the context of development studies. Nowadays, the corridor began to change in terms of pattern. At the beginning of forming the corridor, the debates were based on voluntary migration. Due to the political and economic conditions of neighboring countries, forced migration have become the main research topic and a transformation in migration pattern of Turkey have been perceived. ForMOVe provides me a better understanding of a complex and entwined relationship between the factors of forced migration and understanding of the migration corridor between European countries and Turkey."
- Post-doc Researcher at the Chair of Sociology /Organization, Migration, Participation in the Faculty of Social Science, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany; since 2019.
- Assistant Professor at the Chair of Economics /International Economics and Development Economics in the Faculty of Economics and Public Administration, Cankiri Karatekin University, Turkey; since 2017.
- Research Assistant at the Chair of Economics /International Economics and Development Economics in the Faculty of Economics and Public Administration, Cankiri Karatekin University, Turkey; 2010-2017.
- PhD. in Demography at Hacettepe University Institute of Population Studies, 2016.
- Master of Science, Economics at Economics Department in Hacettepe University, 2010.
- Project Assistant in Turkey Demographic and Health Survey, 2008 Project at Hacettepe University Institute of Population Studies, 2008-2009.
- Migration Corridor Between European Countries and Turkey
- Population and Development, International Migration and Development